School Immersion in Windsor, Ontario | 10-18 years old| 1 month to 1 academic year
This programme is available to motivated students aged 10 to 18 who wish to spend one semester or one academic year in a Canadian high school (secondary education) and share in the daily life of an Canadian host family and have a unique and unforgettable experience.
Students will be placed in the Ontario region. You can choose your preferred school in the Windsor-Essex district. Once the schools have made a decision, our local partner will be able to confirm availabilities in the chosen area.
Why Canada ?
Canada is the second largest country in the world, it is also one of the most outstanding in terms of geographical diversity. It’s primarily a wonderful destination or those wishing to study there for multiple reasons:
- The Quality and standard of living is among the highest in the world
- Educational system is recognised for its excellence and its compatibility with the European system
- Friendliness and hospitality of its people
- Rich in culture
- Safe environment with stunning landscapes and countryside
Our partner schools are located in the region of Windsor, in the south of Ontario. Ontario is the most southern city in Canada, and therefore has a slightly different climate than in other regions of the country. The numerous parks and beaches make it an ideal destination for nature lovers.
An indisputable advantage of Windsor is that the city is located near to the American border, and is only a few hours drive from Toronto, Montreal, Chicago, New York, Washington and Boston, which offers students the possibility to visit Canada and the United States. You’ll be able to visit so many different cities while having a base in Ontario, meaning that you can really make the best out of your study abroad experience and go on numerous travel adventures.
The city is very close to Detroit and offers a large choice of activities and leisure centres which offer many sports and other hobbies. Its relatively small size makes Windsor a safe and pleasant town.
Dates & Prices 2021-2022
School year: From September to June
Semester: From September to January or from February to June
It is recommended that students arrive about 2 weeks before the start of term to have enough time to acclimatise to their new environment.
Canadian students have 2 weeks holiday during Christmas, from mid-December to the start of January, and one week in mid-March, and 2 months of holiday in July and August.
Includes all taxes and booking fees, course, room and board
|Tuition, Homestay, Board and all registration fees|
|Duration||TPrice without flights||Price with flights|
|1 month||€ 2.895||-|
|2 months||€ 4.895||-|
|3 months||€ 6.795||€ 8.095|
|4 months||€ 8.695||€ 9.995|
|1 Academic Semester (5 months)||€ 11.495||€ 12.795|
|1 Academic year (10 months)||€ 19.795||€ 21.275|
|Tuition, Residence, Board and all registration fees|
|Duration||Price without flights||Price with flights|
|1 month||€ 3.395||-|
|2 months||€ 5.895||-|
|3 months||€ 8.295||€ 9.595|
|4 months||€ 10.695||€ 11.995|
|1 Academic Semester (5 months)||€ 13.995||€ 15.295|
|1 Academic year (10 months)||€ 24.975||€ 26.275|
|Return transfer supplement|
|Fro/to Detroit airport||€ 150|
- English level assessment and interview
- All documents required to obtain a visa
- High School registration for a semester or a full academic year
- Supervision during the stay by the local correspondent
- Accommodation in host family, full board (lunch box on school days)
- Local transportation
- Personal assistance, support and advice from our local correspondent
- Medical insurance
- Personal support to parents throughout the stay
- Regular contacts and assessment reports
- Official certificate of attendance and courses transcripts.
- Round-trip transfers from the arrival airport to the host family
Prices do not include:
- Round-trip flight to Ontario (Windsor International airport)
- Excursions and leisure activities
- The school uniform
- Possible visa fees (for stays of more than 6 months)
- Local transportation
- Accommodation deposit: about CA $500 refundable at the end of your stay
- Pocket money (250-300$ per month)