School immersion in the United States – Classic programme
This programme is available to motivated students aged 15 to 18½ who wish to experience a semester or academic year in an American High School, (Secondary school) and be a part of an American family’s day-to-day life.
Experience a semester or academic year abroad in a public American high school living with an American host family. If you’re aged 15-18½ with intermediate English skills and a desire to experience American way of life, then this is the program for you. Known for a variety of cultures, stunning landscapes and welcoming people, the only difficult thing about this program will be getting on the plane to go home again!
Please note that this programme places students all over the United States and that you will not be able to choose your exact placement location. However, students are generally placed in the Midwest. Host families are usually situated in cities of moderate size, and students are therefore able to easily integrate into local communities and local activities. To choose your destination, have a look at our Premium High School programme.
Dates & Prices 2021 – 2022
Dates 2021 – 2022
- Academic year: from August to June (according to schools)
- Academic semester: from August to December OR January to June (according to schools)
- Orientation weekend in Chicago: August 13-15 2021 or August 27-39 2021
*Back to school dates are set by the schools and can be from the end of July to mid-September. The dates of stay are therefore set once the participant has received his or her placement.
Fares with flights subject to change depending on ticket prices at the time of booking.
|Tuition room and board, all registration fees, transfers included (flights NOT included)|
|Academic semester||€ 7.095|
|Academic year||€ 8.495|
|Tuition, accommodation and meals, all registration fees (flights and taxes included)|
|Academic semester - Departure from Paris, Brussels, Luxemburg or Geneva||€ 7.990|
|Academic year - Departure from Paris, Brussels & Geneva||€ 9.995|
|Weekend orientation in Chicago (for those departing in August only)|
|2 days||€ 545|
- English test and preliminary interview
- All necessary documents for the visa required for the school year
- High School enrolment for a year or one semester
- Supervision throughout the stay from local correspondent
- Homestay accommodation, half-board
- Personal assistance, constant support and advice from our local correspondent
- Medical insurance
- Assistance for parents in Europe throughout the stay
- Regular contact and evaluation
- Official certificate of participation including a transcript of records, depending on destination
- American diploma (in some cases)
- Return flight from Brussels, Paris or Geneva, if requested (at extra cost from Lyon or Marseille – please contact us for information on flights departing from other locations)
- Return transfer from the airport to the host family
Prices do not include:
- Round-trip flight to the airport
- Orientation weekend in Chicago (for August departures only)
- Visa fees (around €300)
- School material fees (depending on the school, bring about $400)
- Midday meals at school (around $3-5 per day)
- Pocket money – bring about $250-300 per month
- Health insurance and Assistance