School Immersion in Winnipeg, Manitoba – 14-18 years old – 1 term to 1 academic year
This programme is available to motivated students aged 14 to 18 who wish to spend one semester or one academic year in a Canadian high school (secondary education) and share the daily life of a Canadian host family. Our partner operates with a network of schools in the district of Winnipeg, capital city of Manitoba, and offers a diverse curriculum of courses adapted to the levels of participants. Our students enjoy full access to all of the school’s sports, clubs and associations.
Canada is the second largest country in the world by surface area and one of the world’s geographical miracles. It stretches from the Pacific to the Atlantic ocean and shares its borders with Alaska in the north-east and the US to the south. This country is home to almost every climate on earth, from the wind-swept tundra of the North Territories to the temperate rain forests and mountains of British Columbia. Canada is home to the world’s largest freshwater lakes and large amounts of pine forests.
Our partner schools are situated in Winnipeg in the central province of Manitoba, the 8th largest city in Canada (800,000 inhabitants). The region is known for its lakes, its numerous cultural activities (festivals, theatres, operas) and its geography: the region does not have many mountains, which allows cross-country skiers to practice their sport.
Winnipeg is a fantastic choice of destination for foreign students. It lets young people discover the life of a real Canadian city, with a much lower living costs than in Vancouver or Toronto. The quality of teaching is just as excellent as elsewhere in the country.
The climate is typically Canadian: the summers are hot (up to 28°C), and the winters are dry and cold, with the temperature able to drop as low as -28°C. But the city is equipped for low temperatures.
Dates & Prices 2021-2022
- Academic year: From September to June
- Semester: from September to January or from February to June
- Terms : from September to November or from February to April
Includes all registration fees
|Tuition, room and board, and registration fees|
|Duration||Price WITHOUT flight||Price WITH flight|
|1 trimester||€ 5.995||€ 7.295|
|1 semester||€ 8.995||€ 10.295|
|1 academic year||€ 15.595||€ 16.895|
The prices of the program include:
- English level assessment and interview
- All documents required to obtain a visa
- High School registration for a semester or a full academic year
- Supervision during the stay by the local correspondent
- Accommodation in host family, full board (lunch box, lunch on school days)
- Personal assistance, support and advice from our local correspondent
- Medical insurance
- Personal support to parents throughout the stay
- Regular contacts and assessment reports
- Official certificate of attendance and courses transcripts.
- Round-trip flight if chosen, from Brussels, Paris or Geneva airport (please contact us for prices if you do not leave from these airports)
- Round-trip transfers from the arrival airport to the host family
They do not include:
- Round-trip flight to Winnipeg depending on the chosen option
- Transfers and public transport (costing around CA$85/month)
- Possible excursions and outings
- Possible visa fees
- Pocket money (200-250$ per month)