High School Immersion in the United States – Flexible programme
This programme is available to motivated students aged 14 to 18 who wish to experience a semester or academic year in an American High School, (Secondary school) and be a part of an American family’s day-to-day life. Although similar to the “Classic -15-18” programme, this programme offers greater flexibility in terms of schools, age and registration deadlines.
- Students can be between 14-18 (included), Grades 9-12
- Students can study on the Academic Exchange Programme AFTER they have completed a year on the J-1 program
- Application deadlines are later in the year
- Students can choose to be placed in a Public or a Private High School
- Students can earn a diploma in grade 12
- Students can pick a favourite Sport, Art, Subject or Language
- Students can have an English score as low as 205 ELTiS
The United States is a dynamic, diverse, and culturally enriching country. The country boasts such a range of different landscapes, cities, and activities and you will have the opportunity to experience it all on either a semester or academic year abroad. As an exchange student, you will be able to get up close and personal with a few of its key features: its multicultural diversity, breathtaking scenery, and warm, “can-do” people eager to share their lives and values. The hardest part will be saying goodbye at the end of your stay!
You may be placed in any state in the USA; however, most of our students are placed in the Midwest, America’s heartland. Host families usually live in medium-sized towns, making it easier for students to get involved with their local community and experience the American way of life.
Dates & Prices 2021-2022
Dates 2021 – 2022
- Academic year: from mid-August to mid-June (depending on the school)
- Semester: from mid-August to mid-December or mid-January to mid-June (depending on the school)
*Back to school dates are set by the schools and can be from the end of July to mid-September. The dates of stay are therefore set once the participant has received his or her placement.
Fares with flights are subject to change depending on the ticket costs at the time of booking.
|Tuition, room and board, transfers, taxes (flights NOT included)|
|Academic Year||€ 14.995|
|Tuition, room and board, transfers (roundtrip flights + taxes included)|
|Academic year - Departure from Brussels, Paris, Luxemburg or Geneva||€ 16.495|
|Semester - Departure from Brussels, Paris, Luxemburg or Geneva||€ 12.495|
- English test and preliminary interview
- All necessary documents for the visa required for the academic year
- High School enrolment for a year or one semester
- Supervision throughout the stay by the local coordinator
- Homestay accommodation, half-board
- Personal assistance, constant support and advice
- Medical insurance
- Assistance for parents in Europe throughout the student exchange
- Regular contact and evaluation
- Official certificate of participation including transcript of records, depending on destination
- American diploma (in some cases)
- Roundtrip flights from Brussels, Paris or Geneva, if requested (at extra cost from Lyon, Marseille or Amsterdam – please contact us for information on flights departing from other locations)
- Return transfer from the airport to the host family
Prices do not include:
- Round-trip flight to the airport depending on chosen option
- Visa fees (around €300)
- School material fees (depending on the school, bring around $400)
- Midday meals at school (around $3-5 per day)
- Pocket money – bring about $300-350 per month