School Immersion in Cowichan Valley, Vancouver Island – 12-18 years old – 1 semester or 1 academic year
Our programme is available for all motivated students aged 12 to 18 who wish to spend one semester or one full academic year in a Canadian high school (secondary education) of the Cowichan Valley district and share a Canadian host family’s day-to-day life.
You can choose your school depending on the subjects and/or activities that you wish to take. There are a whole host of different possibilities. If you complete the last year of secondary education you will be able to acquire a High School diploma if desired.
Why Canada ?
Canada is the second largest country in the world, it is also one of the most outstanding in terms of geographical diversity. It’s primarily a wonderful destination or those wishing to study there for multiple reasons:
- The Quality and standard of living is among the highest in the world
- Educational system is recognised for its excellence and its compatibility with the European system
- Friendliness and hospitality of its people
- Rich in culture
- Safe environment with stunning landscapes and countryside
Vancouver Island, situated in British Colombia, is well known for its mild climate (the temperature barely goes below -2 degrees in winter), a unique quality of life, in the vicinity of the city of Vancouver (1h40 with the ferry), the possibility to join plenty of outdoor activities (ski, surf, sail, golf, ice skating, horseback riding…) and join many cultural events and sports (theater, concerts, animations, sport events…)
The location of the Cowichan Valley is ideal. It is half way between the cities of Nanaimo and the capital city of Victoria. This provides all the services and shopping of a large city only 40 minutes away and the safety, slower pace and total immersion on an everyday basis in a smaller, 100% English-speaking community.
Dates & Prices 2021-2022
Dates 2021 – 2022
Schoolyear: From September to June
Semester: From September to January or from February to June
Includes taxes, registration fees, classes, room and board
|Tuition, room and full board, taxes, and registration fees|
|Duration||Price without flights||Price with flights|
|3 months||€ 6.995||€ 8.295|
|1 Academic Semester||€ 10.650||€ 11.950|
|1 Academic Year||€ 18.650||€ 19.950|
- English level assessment and interview
- All documents required to obtain a visa
- High School registration for a semester or a full academic year
- Supervision during the stay by the local correspondent
- Accommodation in host family, full board (lunch box on school days)
- Local transportation
- Personal assistance, support and advice from our local correspondent
- Medical insurance
- Personal support to parents throughout the stay
- Regular contacts and assessment reports
- Official certificate of attendance and courses transcripts.
- Round-trip flight if chosen, from Brussels, Paris or Geneva airport (please contact us for prices if you do not leave from these airports)
- Round-trip transfers from the arrival airport to the host family
Prices do not include:
- Excursions and leisure activities
- Admittance fees to leisure or sports clubs
- Visa fees
- Pocket money: around $250-300 per month