School immersion – 12-18 years – with an Irish host of similar age
The programme, lasting 4 to 16 weeks, is for motivated participants, aged 12 to 18, who wish to immerse themselves in the Irish culture and discover a different school system.
You are hosted into a family where you share the daily life and lifestyle, and you follow a course of your preference in a local high school. A unique opportunity to live the life of an Irish of your age, share unique moments with the family who receives you and discover, first hand, the culture of this country.
Our partner cooperates with many institutions in many parts of Ireland. The school choice is made according to your profile, your school records and subjects that you would like to study.
Unique of this programme: we guarantee you the hospitality in a family that has a child of the same gender and of similar age to yours (a year or two difference at the most).
The communication and exchange are the key words of the success of this visit, as well as openness and the desire to adapt to a different lifestyle.
This programme is recommended for young autonomous, sociable and open students. To facilitate the integration, it is also recommended to have fulfilled at least 2 or 3 years of English study.
As a legendary land full of breathtaking, wild landscapes, Ireland offers a unique mix of perennial traditions and friendliness. The Irish people are originally welcoming and joyful artists and musicians. Irish cities are well-known for being dynamic, full of activity and home to young people (more than 40% of the Irish population are younger than 30).
High-quality education is not a new concept in Ireland: more than 80% of young Irish people take the final exam come the end of their schooling. Recent studies have reported that teachers pay a great degree of attention to their students, with the average size of the class standing at 17 pupils. Furthermore, the Irish government has invested a lot over the last few decades in making the education system international so that it becomes more attractive to foreign students.
What our students say about it
Dates & Prices 2021-2022
Calendrier scolaire 2021 – 2022
Academic year (9 months): 23/08/21 – 27/05/22
1st trimester (4 months): 23/08/21 – 22/12/21
2nd trimester (3 months): 06/01/22 – 08/04/22
3rd trimester (1 month and a half): 25/04/22 – 27/05/22
- All Saints: 25/10/21 – 29/10/21
- Christmas: 23/12/21 – 05/01/22
- February holidays: 21/02/22 – 25/02/22
- Easter: 09/04/22 – 24/04/22
Accommodation is included during the All Saints and February holidays. It is not included, however, during Christmas and Easter holidays (please see extra charges below)
Includes taxes, enrolment fees, course, room and board
|Course, room & board, enrolment fees, taxes included|
|4 weeks||€ 2.300|
|5 weeks||€ 2.770|
|6 weeks||€ 3.240|
|7 weeks||€ 3.630|
|8 weeks||€ 3.995|
|9 weeks||€ 4.510|
|10 weeks||€ 4.900|
|11 weeks||€ 5.370|
|12 weeks||€ 5.840|
|13 weeks||€ 6.310|
|14 weeks||€ 6.775|
|15 weeks||€ 7.195|
|16 weeks||€ 7.345|
|Accommodation during holidays (per week)||€ 390|
|Extra roundtrip transfer (both ways)||€ 230|
|Extra for arrival/departure outside of scheduled hours||€ 65|
|Extra for early morning flight (incl. night in Dublin on the previous day)||€ 85|
|Private English lessons (per hour)||€ 35|
Prices include :
- Pre-application interview
- School registration fee and other administrative costs
- Full board accommodation with a host family (packed lunch from Monday to Friday)
- Accommodation during the half-term holidays (All Saints and February)
- Round trip transfer from Dublin airport to the family (on the first day of arrival and the last day of the programme)
- Personal assistance, support and advice from our local correspondent
- Complete uniform
- School books
- School transport
- School reports
- 24/7 emergency number
Prices do not include:
- The journey to destination on dates to be confirmed
- Host family accommodation costs in the event of arrival or departure outside the indicated dates
- Accommodation costs during Christmas and Easter holidays
- Additional transfers in case of return home during the school holidays
- School supplies
- Possible optional outings or excursions organised by the school
For stays of 1 term, 1 trimester or 1 academic year, click here : High School in Ireland – 1 term to 1 academic year