School Immersion in the Netherlands – 14-18 years – 2 months to 1 academic year
This programme is open to motivated students aged between 14 and 18 and 6 months who wish to study from 2 months to 1 full academic year in a Dutch secondary school, while sharing the life of a host family. A good command of English is required to apply for this programme, while good knowledge of Dutch is not necessary.
Why the Netherlands?
The first things that spring to mind when one mentions the Netherlands are tulips, bicycles and windmills. In addition to this, it is a country well-known for their inhabitants’ openness, friendliness and tolerance. The bicycle has become the most used transportation as 19 000 km of bike paths were built all over the country, due to its strong focus on environmental protection.
This programme places students everywhere in the Netherlands, as much as in cities as in the countryside of one of the 12 provinces of the country.
Our local partner organises group excursions during your stay for all participants to the programme (1 for stays between 2 months and a semester, 2 for stays of one year), which is a great opportunity to discover all aspects of the country while getting to know international students. All information about these excursions will be provided on site.
A Museum Card, which guarantees free entrance to all Netherlands museums is part of the programme.
- Pre-application interview
- All enrolment, lessons and exam fees in our partner schools
- Online Dutch course (prior to departure)
- Full-board accommodation in a host family (meals at the school canteen are not included)
- Personal assistance and support from your local coordinator throughout your stay
- Regular contact and progress reports
- Certificate of completion
- Bike rental for the whole duration of your stay
- Museum Card
- Pre-orientation meeting upon arrival
- Excursions organised by our partner (1 for 1 semester, 2 for 1 academic year)
- Compulsory health insurance
- Airport transfer from Amsterdam Schiphol airport or railway station to the pre-orientation meeting
- Transfer from the pre-orientation meeting to your place of residence
Prices do not include
- Travel to/from Amsterdam Schiphol airport or railway station
- Return journey from your place of residence
- Local transportation
- Pocket money: about 250€ per month
- School materials
- Excursions or outings
- Visa fees (if applicable, only for non-EU residents)