School immersion in Germany – 14 -17 years – 2 months to 1 academic year
This programme is open to motivated students aged 14-17 with a good command of German (B1 level required) who wish to study from 2 months to 1 full academic year in a German secondary school, while sharing the life of a host family.
Germany is one of the most powerful countries in the world. Over the last decades, the country has demonstrated an exceptional vitality on the economic, cultural and artistic scene.
It is also a country of great diversity that has been able to merge tradition and modernity with cultural creativity and business dynamism. Germany is constituted of 16 länder that enjoy a very large degree of autonomy. German is the most spoken language in Europe and boasts an official status in 6 countries: Austria, Belgium, Germany, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg and Switzerland.
This programme places students in the following regions:
- Bavaria (Augsburg and Nuremberg region)
- Berlin (city of Berlin and surrounding areas)
- Brandenburg (Potsdam region)
- Hessen (Wiesbaden region)
- North Rhine-Westphalia (Bonn & Cologne region)
- Lower Saxony (Oldenburg region)
- Rhineland-Palatinate (Montabaur and Koblenz region)
Students can choose their region of stay by mentioning 2 destinations in order of preference upon application, in the event that their first choice is not available.
Dates & Prices 2020-2021
Holiday periods vary depending from one Bundesland to another.
Academic year: August/September to June/July
1 semester (between 20 & 27 weeks) : August/September to January/February; January/February to June/July
1 term (12 weeks) : August/September to November/December; November to January/February; January/February to April/May; April/May – June/July
Includes all taxes and registration fees
|Tuition, room and board|
|1 school year||9995|
|Airport transfer (optional)||By request|
- German test and interview prior to placement
- Enrolment and placement in a local school for the selected period
- Homestay accommodation, full board
- Support and assistance from your local coordinator (at least one meeting per month is organised)
- Regular progress reports
- Official certificate of completion at the end of your stay
- School reports
- Compulsory health insurance
- Round-trip journey from the airport/train station closest to the family
Prices do not include:
- Travel to Germany and other airport transfers
- Local transportation
- School materials
- Excursions or outings
- Visa fees, where applicable