Total immersion is a tried-and-tested way to make progress in a foreign language, developing both fluency and confidence. It’s a unique opportunity to discover the French culture and way of life while living in a host family and sharing their daily life. Host families usually host one student at the time. If this is not the case, you will be the only native speaker of your first language in your homestay, meaning you will be practising the language 24/7!
Flexibility and communication are keys! Students should be sociable, mature, open-minded and willing to adapt to a different of way of life. We recommend that students have a fair knowledge of French (2 to 3 years of studies) to help them interact with the host family. Students who don’t feel confident enough in the language can choose to take our French tuition option during their stay.
Our stays take place in attractive locations.
PLease select 2 destinations in order of preference at the time of booking
- Occitania: Toulouse, Castres, Montpellier, Nîmes
- Aquitaine: Bordeaux, Arcachon Bay, Bayonne, La Rochelle
- Britanny – Pays de la Loire – Normandy : Rennes, Saint-Malo, Vannes, Nantes, Rouen, Caen
- Auvergne Rhône Alpes: Lyon, Valence, Montélimar, Clermont-Ferrand
- Grand-Est: Strasbourg, Mulhouse, Nancy, Metz, Reims
Optional activities & French tuition
Surfing and sailing take place at accreditated schools. No minimum level of surfing or sailing required.
- Surfing: 5 surfing sessions per week – Available in Arcachon bay
- Sailing: 5 sailing sessions per week – Available in Saint-Malo
- French tuition: 10 hours or 15 hours of private French tuition per week – Available in Arcachon bay and Saint-Malo
Dates & Prices 2021
Stays take place in July and August from Sunday to Saturday.
Other periods of time are possible depending on the French holiday calendar. Please contact us for more information.
Session length: 2 to 4 weeks
We recommend you book your programme at least 4 weeks prior to your desired starting date.
All taxes and booking fees included
|2 weeks||€ 1.260|
|3 weeks||€ 1.650|
|4 weeks||€ 1.920|
|Extra night||€ 50|
- Full board accommodation in a host family (3 meals a day)
- 1 activity or local visit per week with the host family
- 24/7 assistance from our local representative
- Return transfers from designated closest airport/railway station
Prices do not include:
- Travel to and from the destination
- Optional insurances
- Visa fees if applicable