School immersion in Sweden – 16-18 years old – 3 months to 1 academic year
This programme is available to motivated students aged 16 to 18 who wish to spend 3 months to 1 academic year in a Swedish high school and have a unique and unforgettable experience abroad.
Participants attend a Swedish high school while sharing the life of a host family. This programme allows a cultural and linguistic immersion into the Swedish life.
No previous knowledge of Swedish is required (beginners are welcomed), but a good command of English is.
Ideal destination for nature and outdoor activities lovers and for those wishing to live a unique experience !
Why study in Sweden ?
- Known for its academic excellence, encouraging to think independently and critically
- High standards of life – safe and clean environment
- Equality and diversity are central to the Swedish society
- Sustainability and environmental issues are a priority here
- The Swedes are friendly, polite, energetic, learned people who love nature and being outside during all four seasons.
- Everybody speaks English
- 10,1 million inhabitants
- Capitale city : Stockholm
- Forest-covered landscapes
- Economic strength – international companies : IKEA, H&M, Spotify, Tetra Pak…
- One of the most important national custom in Sweden is to have a “fika” – a coffee break with cookies
- Spectacular landscapes, northern lights
- Excellent transport network
This programme places student all over Sweden. However, students are generally placed in the South. Your stay may take place in an average sized town or even a small village.
Everyone speaks English, but all lessons will be provided in Swedish. It is then strongly suggested to follow online Swedish course prior to departure to prepare your immersion in the best way possible.