School Immersion in Denmark – Age 16-18 – 3 months to 1 academic year
This programme is available to motivated students aged 16 to 18 who wish to spend 3 months to 1 academic year in a Danish high school and have a unique and unforgettable experience in what is renowned for being the “coolest country in the world”.
Participants attend a Danish high school while sharing the life of a host family. This programme allows a cultural and linguistic immersion into the Danish life.
No previous knowledge of Danish is required (beginners welcome), but a good command of English is.
Life in Denmark is fun and easygoing, and the country has repeatedly been nominated to be one of the happiest countries in the world. The living standard is high, and here you find everything you need for a pleasant exchange experience, such as great schools, transportation, and interesting culture.
A life among bicycles, minimalist design, and tasty Wienerbrød is waiting for you. Improve your languages skills in Danish , get a true insight into the hygge lifestyle and live a unique exchange experience off the beaten track!
Why study in Denmark ?
- High ranked education, a long history of academic excellence
- Students encouraged to think independently and critically
- High standards of living
- The country of “Hygge”, the Danes art of living
- Sustainability and environmental issues are a priorty here
- Danes are cheerful and friendly people who love nature and being outside during all four seasons
- Everybody speaks English
- 5,8 millions inhabitants
- Capital city : Copenhagen
- Defined as one of the happiest countries in the world by the United Nations “World Happiness Report”
- A country for bicycles with 12,000 km of cycling paths – 75% of the population cycles even in winter
- Maritime country where it is impossible to be located more than 52 km from the sea
- Renowned worldwide for design, omnipresent in the daily life of all Danes: the Copenhagen School of Design is one of the most valued in the world
- Country of the famous LEGO® game creator
- The Danish lifestyle: “Hygge” (pronounced “hoo-ga”, a concept that encompasses a feeling of cozy contentment and well-being through enjoying the simple things in life
Placements take place all over Denmark. Your stay may take place in an average sized town or even a small village.
All Danes speak English, but the High School classes will be taught in Danish. It is then strongly recommended to follow an online Danish course prior to departure to prepare your immersion in the best way possible.